Trade License Registration
Trade License has introduced in India 40 years ago. Trade license is the way to regulate specific business from a particular locality. It is issued by the State Government. A trade license is a permission to carry on a specific trade or business at the premises for which it has been issued.
It does not assures any kind of property ownership and not even allowed to do any other business rather than for which it is issued. It is made necessary for an individual to register this his new business and get a Online trade license for it.
The major objective of the trade licence is to reduce the people from making their residential area as their business location. The application must be made within 30 days of commencement of business.
Benefits of Trade License Registration
- When you have a business license or a trade license you will be liable to enjoy the rights of bragging it
- It helps to grow the prestige of the firm and attract the customers and investors in it
- It will help to maintain the personal finance & business finance separately, this process will help you to find the profits and losses in the business
- If damage or injury were to occur as a result of the business' actions or doings, your personal finances would not be at stake in any settlement; similarly
- Operating as a licensed business may provide you with access to certain groups that you would be unable to join or participate in if you operate under your personal name. Companies such as the better business bureau, investment groups, and other business-oriented organizations may not permit you to join if your company is not licensed
Documents required for Trade License Registration
- Application in the prescribed Form
- If the applicant is any Firm, LLP or a Company, their PAN Card, along with the incorporation certificate
- In the case of an individual applicant, his/her Aadhaar Card is mandatory
- Latest Municipality Property Tax Payment Receipt
- Lease documents or consent letter from the owner of the property
- NOC from your immediate neighbor
- A certified layout plan of your trade building showing the business, working or washing or resting areas
- Katha extracts
- Katha certificate
- Sanction plan
- Occupancy certificate (OC)
Frequently Asked Questions
How long will it take for the entire process?
It will take two weeks for completion of this process and for receiving your license.
What is the period of Trade license renewal?
Trade licence renewal is done from 1st January to 31st March every year.
If the license has lapsed long ago, how can I recover from such conditions?
You need to provide the reason for this and pay the appropriate amount or due fees for it.
If I don’t get my Trade license what will happen?
Running an unapproved Trade is an offense. The concerned authorities may seize or lock your Trade business with or without prior intimation.
Can a license be suspended and how can it happen?
In the case, that the license holder is violating the license conditions and disturbance to neighbors or the environment.
What is KMC Trade License?
KMC Trade License means Kolkata Municipal Corporation trade license.
What is BBMP trade license?
BBMP trade license is Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike trade license.