Non-STPI And STPI Registration
India has many reasons to feel proud about the success of its Software Industry. During the post liberalization era, Govt. policies have acted as a catalyst and facilitated the growth of IT exports. The software Industry has attained global recognition primarily because of the timing of the policies and simplistic procedures laid-down by the Govt. when they were needed. The Industry also has responded very well to the changes in the policy.
Under the Ministry of Information, the Software Technology Parks of India is called STPI’s is a society Technology. Government of India has the sole motive of encouraging, promoting and supporting the Software Exports from India.
Under Ministry of of Information, the Software technology Park of India was established its called STPI Department. Purpose of this department was to encourage software exports from India. This department have take care of STPI / NON STPI registration for IT and other companies. Its not necessary to have premises in any SEZ / EOU jurisdiction. Hence STPI registration can be taken for any location. In India most of Major Cities Such as Pune, Mumbai, Noida, Delhi etc. have STPI Departments. There are two kind of registrations provided, one is STPI and Second is Non-STPI Unit. Key difference is under STPI unit, company is allowed to import duty free capital Goods. Where as Non-STPI Unit is only towards meeting compliances.
STPI Compliances Services
- Setting up of 100% STP Unit including making application with project report, co-ordinating with depart to obtain Letter of Permission / LOA, Green Card, LOI & DIC.
- Obtaining Certificate of Import and Domestic procurement
- Bounding RWC and Cancellation
- Maintaining statutory records under Excise , Customs and STPI Scheme
- Bonding, RWC and Cancellation of bond
- Maintenance of statutory records under Central Excise, Customs, FEMA, FTP & HBP norms
- Refund of Excise Duty, Service Tax, VAT, Drawbacks & RD
- Obtaining Exemptions from Electricity Duty, Stamp Duty, Octroi / N Form facility
- Filing of MPR, QPR & APR Reports and Softex
Documents required for STPI / Non-STPI Registration
- Application Form
- Board Resolution
- Resume of CEO
- Company profile
- Company Documents PAN, AOA / MOA, COI
- Background of Promoters
- Units Area of Expertise / Services offered
- Marketing Strategy / Marketing Arrangements
- Manpower Plan
- Plans for Future
- List of Capital goods to be acquired from abroad and within India
- Details of Foreign Collaborator (whether financial or technical)
- Copy of floor plan of the Unit certified by an architect
- Copy of the Rent Agreement, if any
- Copy of Invoice of the Internet service provider
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can become a STP unit and How?
An Indian company, A Subsidiary of a Foreign Company & A branch office of Foreign Company. In order to become a certified member unit under STP scheme, approval from the competent authority is required.
What kind of Investments are allowed?
100% Foreign Direct Investment, NRI-Repatriable, NRI-Non Repatriable, Resident Holding and combination thereof is allowed.
Can I operate from a Any Location in the Country?
Yes, Operations under the STP Scheme can be carried out from any location in the country.
What is a Bonded Warehouse?
Private Bonded Warehouse is a warehouse declared by Customs Authorities to carry out Export Processing under STP Scheme.
What is Capital Goods (CG)?
Capital Goods is the Hardware and infrastructure the unit is envisaging to procure for a value by the way of import, to set up the STP.
Being a STP unit, can I take up domestic projects?
Yes, subject to meeting the Minimum Export Performance norms, an STP unit can do business in the Domestic Tariff Area (DTA).