Goods & Service Tax (GST) Registration
Goods and Service Tax (GST) is a destination based tax on consumption of goods and services. It is levied at all stages right from manufacture up to final consumption with credit of taxes paid at previous stages available as setoff. In a nutshell, only value addition will be taxed and burden of tax is to be borne by the final consumer.
- Filing of GST Registration Form
- Follow up till your Registration form is approved & you get your GST Registration Certificate
- GST Compliances for the 1st Month
For Whom this plan is?
- Person whose Annual Aggregate turnover from all-India operations exceeds the Threshold limit of Rs. 40 Lacs (Rs. 20 Lacs for North-Eastern states)
- Making any supply to other States i.e. Inter-state Supply.
- Any person who is registered under an earlier law (i.e., Excise, VAT, Service Tax etc.) needs to get mandatory Registeration under GST.
- E-commerce Operator or Aggregator
- Supplying Goods or Services through E-commerce Operator
- Non-Resident Taxable person having operation in India
- Required to Deduct Tax at source or an Input Service Distributor
Documents required for GST Registration
- Valid Mobile Number and Email ID of the Applicant
- Valid PAN & Aadhar Card of the applicant
- Address proof of business like Electricity Bill, Telephone Bill, Rent Agreement or Letter of Consent (NOC) etc
- Proof of Business Existence i.e. Incorporation / Registration Certificate
- Identity & Address Proof along with Passport size photo of Directors / Proprietors / Partners
- Bank Statement / Cancelled Cheque
- Digital Signature in case of Company / Partnership Firm
- Letter of Authorisation for Authorised Signatory for GST (in case of Companies / Partnership Firms / LLP)
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible to take GST Registration under Composition scheme?
Businesses whose annual turnover is upto Rs. 1.5 crore can voluntary opt for composition scheme. Composition scheme can be opted only by Manufacturers of goods, Traders and Restaurants (not serving alcohol). Service Providers are not eligible for Composition Scheme.
1.5 crore limit will be taken for all the businesses with same PAN.
I have business operation in different states of India, Do I need separate registration for each state?
GST Registration should be obtained by a taxable person under GST in each of the State or Union Territory, from where taxable supply of goods or services is made. For example, if a ice-cream parlour operates in the States of Bangalore and Delhi, then separate GSTIN would have to be obtained for Bangalore and Delhi.
Are Exporter required to obtain GST Registration?
Yes, Since exports of Goods or services is deemed to be inter-state supply for the purpose of GST. Hence, exporters are required to get themselves registered under GST.
I'm a Non-Resident making taxable supplies in India and my turnover is under the exemption limit of 20 / 10 lacs. Do I need to obtain GST Registration?
Yes, As per section 24 of GST Provision, it is mandatory for a non-resident to get GST Registration if he is making taxable supplies in India, irrespective the level of Turnover.
Does Threshold limit of 20 lakh (10 lakh in case of north easter states) apply to E-Commerce Operator / Aggregator for obtaining GST Registration?
No, As per Section 24 of GST Provision, it is mandatory for E-Commerce Operator / Aggregator (like Flipkart, OLA, Amazon etc) to obtain GST Registration irrespective the level of turnover i.e. exemption of threshold limit of 20 / 10 lakh is not apllicable to E-Commerce Operator / Aggregator.
Does a person is required to obtain GST Registration if he is dealing in tax Exempted goods or Services?
A person dealing with 100 per cent exempted supply is not liable to register irrespective of turnover.